- 3 v 3. Minimum of 2 players to start and finish the game
- Size 3- home team provides the game ball
Field and Goal Sizes
- Maximum Field Size: 20 X 30 yards
- Minimum Field Size: 15 X 20 yards
- Goal Size: 4 X 6 feet
- Four 8-minute quarters (Coaches can agree to play longer if time allows)
- 3 minute break between each quarter
- The coach from each team will officiate and will be responsible for calls within their team’s defensive half of the field.
- Both coaches can coach from their respective positions from the team bench and should be the only voice used to coach and facilitate the game.
- All rules infractions shall be briefly explained to the offending player.
- At the end of each quarter.
- Each player should play at least one half of the game.
- Shinguards (under socks) are required
- Names, numbers or similar enhancements to shirts are not allowed.
- The home team wears white. The away team wears navy.
- Coaches may specify the color of shorts or socks.
- There is no goalkeeper in the U5 or U6 age group.
- Players should be encouraged to play the entire field.
- One player must not be left back on “defense” to serve as a “goalie”.
Age Specific Rules
- All restarts are taken with dribble-in or kick-in. No throw-ins are taken.
- After a goal is scored, game is restarted with a Kick-Off.
- A preference is for parents to simply knock the ball back into play to keep the flow of the game.
- No offsides.
- No direct free kicks. All fouls result in an indirect free kick.
- All other rules abide by FIFA Laws of the Game.
- Creating a joyful environment is mandatory. The soccer ball should be considered a toy and children should be having fun with the ball. Allow the children to use their imagination. This 3v3 format enables them to do that as it maximizes involvement.