- 6 v 6. 5 field players and GK. Minimum 5 v 5 to start and finish the game.
- Size 4- home team provides the game ball
Field and Goal Sizes
- Approximately 40 x 60 yards
- Goal Size: 6.5 X 18 feet
- Two 25-minute halves
- 5 minute halftime
- A referee is provided.
- In the event a referee does not arrive the coach from each team will officiate and will be responsible for calls within their team’s defensive half of the field.
- Both coaches can coach from their respective positions from the team bench and should be the only voice used to coach and facilitate the game.
- All rules infractions shall be briefly explained to the offending player.
- Each player should play at least one half of the game.
- There are free substitutions in this age group, however they should be made at 10 minute intervals in order to maintain the flow of the game and enhance the enjoyment for the players.
- Shinguards (under socks) are required
- Jewelry is not permitted
- Names or other enhancements to shirts are not allowed.
- The home team wears white. The away teams wears navy.
- Coaches may specify the color of shorts or socks.
- Coaches should use at least 2 different goalies each game unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- Goalkeepers are not allowed to punt the ball and must be encouraged to roll (bowl) or pass (feet) the ball out.
Age Specific Rules
- Throw-ins are now taken.
- No offsides.
- No direct free kicks. All fouls result in an indirect free kick.
- On goal kicks and when the goalie is in possession of the ball, the opposing team must retreat to midfield. They can move back into their offensive half once the ball is kicked and touched by another player on the other team.
- All other rules abide by FIFA Laws of the Game.
- Soccer at this age is a fun activity for kids that should encourage a lot of games to goals and experimentation with the ball. The focus is on developing a relationship with the ball in a joyful environment. Building comfort with the ball will provide players with a variety of crucial tools that they will need as they get older.