The objective of all coaches and administrators in the NC Fusion Recreation Program is to provide an
opportunity for players to enjoy the game while learning in a safe environment that promotes fun,
sportsmanship, and growth in the game. The recreation program is priced in a manner to be accessible
to all players and has a registration and carding policy in place that is designed to more user friendly
than that of other NCYSA sanctioned programs. It is for those reasons, in addition to various player
safety and appropriate competition concerns, the following tournament policy must be adhered to.
*** Due to in-house control, any recreation team wishing to participate in a NC Fusion tournament will be
able to do so on a different time frame, and without some of the below mentioned steps.***
Any NC Fusion Recreation team wishing to attend a tournament must abide by the following:
- The tournament must be approved in writing by the Recreation Director no less than two
calendar months before the first date of tournament play. Only USYSA sanctioned tournaments
will be approved.
- A complete roster, including date of birth, of players attending must be submitted to the
Recreation Director two calendar months before the first date of tournament play.
- Teams playing in tournaments MUST be aged and entered in to tournaments based on BIRTH
YEAR. For example, for the 2017-2018 seasonal year, a player on your roster born any time in
2007 will make the team an 11U team.
- For tournament purposes, we do not allow players to play up more than 2 years from their true
BIRTH YEAR age group.
- A copy of the accepted tournament application must be sent to the Recreation Director one
week before the tournament application deadline.
- Any coach associated with the team must complete the NCYSA risk management six weeks prior
to the first date of tournament play.
- An electronic file containing passport sized digital photos of each player attending the
tournament must be sent to the Recreation Director six weeks prior to the first date of
tournament play IF player passes are required.
- The tournament’s permission to host (found on their website) must be sent to the Recreation
Director six weeks prior to the first date of tournament play. A permission to travel from NCYSA
must be granted for any out of state tournament.
- Current seasonal year NCYSA Medical waivers must be signed by each player’s parent and
turned in to the Recreation Director six weeks prior to the first date of tournament play.
- NCYSA Medical Waivers are NEVER to be uploaded to any tournaments database. These forms
contain confidential and private information about children and should only be used for
emergency purposes. If a tournament is requiring you to upload them to their database, or
even requesting you email them to them, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org FIRST!
- Teams playing in NC Fusion hosted tournaments should NOT pay for Online Check-in. This is a waste
of $20 and is non-refundable once a Rec team pays it to SinC.
- Failure to meet any deadlines above will result in the team not being able to enter the
tournament in question.